General Terms & Conditions for Orcoda Connect
- In these Terms and Conditions (Terms):
We, Us and Orcoda Connect mean Orcoda Healthcare Pty Ltd ABN 72 600 589 606 and all associated companies, and Drivers.
Client, You and Your mean the individual/s, company or other entity making a reservation, and/or any representative or guest thereof.
- These Terms apply to all bookings unless otherwise approved by us (such approval not to be unreasonably withheld). Any departure from and/or variation of these Terms stipulated in the booking must be approved by us for the booking to be binding on us. The booking is considered as final only after our acknowledgement of the order.
Subject and Limit of the Offer
- These Terms apply exclusively to the supply of services specified herein and are not binding for additional services. The Client will in no case be allowed to put forward standards, specifications, statuses, rules and uses not duly accepted by us.
- Charges are calculated from your pick up point to your drop off point and is calculated on the kilometres travelled between these points by $2.95 per kilometre.
- All bookings are subject to availability. For operational reasons we reserve the right to substitute vehicles of similar category or capacity, where necessary.
- Orcoda Connect reserves the right to cancel bookings, amend fares, itineraries, days and times of operation of services offered upon reasonable notice to the extent possible and otherwise as soon as is reasonably practicable (except in an emergency). The Client is responsible for confirming availability.
- Booking costs include tolls, walk in and walk out service, mobile phone usage, other incidentals unless specified. If specified, these will be added to the booking costs where applicable.
- A non-negotiable cancellation fee applicable to the requested service may apply to cancellations.
- Payment of booking costs are by invoice (where a client has signed up to the service), or by approved credit card. Clients eligible to funded transport may apply their funding to bookings as approved by Orcoda Connect.
- Invoices are issued monthly and payable within seven (7) days of issue date of invoice. If these terms are not complied with Orcoda Connect reserves the right to charge all outstanding amounts owed to the nominated credit card supplied.
- Orcoda Connect operates as a Booked Hire Service and therefore every vehicle is registered as a class 26 vehicle which is required to be covered by a Taxi insurance Scheme with $40m of Public Liability.
- Orcoda Connect will not be liable, whether in tort, in contract or otherwise for any accident, delay, injury, irregularity, loss or damage to persons or property of any kind whatsoever and howsoever arising, caused or included during, or in relation to the carriage of any passenger or provision of services, except to the extent that any wilful, unlawful or negligent act or omission of Orcoda Connect caused or contributed to the accident, delay, injury, irregularity, loss or damage to persons or property.
- The above provision shall be read subject to any implied terms, conditions or warranties imposed by the Australian Consumer Law or any other Commonwealth or State legislation in so far as such may be applicable and prevent either expressly or by implication the exclusion or modification of any such term, condition or warranty.
- All prices and conditions specified or described on the Orcoda Connect website or other publications and on the application form are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Cancellations MUST be made in writing (email or letter) by quoting your booking reference number at least 1 day prior to the booked date.
- Once confirmed, your reservation price will not change unless you change the details of your booking or extend your time/s. Should you need to modify transport times, routes or dates, please advise us in writing. Every effort will be made to accommodate your request but we cannot guarantee to be able to do so.
- You have the right to cancel your reservation subject to our cancellation policy.
- Drivers DO NOT have the authority to alter the booked times, pick up or destination addresses or routes without the prior consent of our fleet manager.
- To ensure the dependability of our service, it is necessary to reserve and dispatch a specific car and Driver to meet each Client. It is therefore necessary to charge for the service (as a hotel must charge for a guaranteed room) in the event the passenger is a “no show”.
- You can avoid the “no show” charge by giving us a call before the Driver is dispatched. A “no-show’ will be charged the total amount of the confirmed fee if you do not “present” at the nominated time and place.
- Clients who request excess time with our vehicles if they wish the vehicle and Driver to stay with the Client until the return trip is commenced then that request must be made at time of booking so the vehicle and driver can be made available to you.
- Any waiting/over time will be charged at a quoted flat fee.
- We will make every effort to arrive at your collection and destination locations on time. However, occasionally allowances must be made for unforeseen circumstances such as traffic, road and weather conditions, illness, vehicle breakdown etc.
- We cannot assume responsibility for circumstances beyond our control. Should there be a vehicle breakdown or mishap rendering the reserved vehicle out of commission, we reserve the right to substitute a vehicle/vehicles. We will make every effort to supply an alternate vehicle and advise you prior to pick up.
- Should we be unable to provide an alternate vehicle, a taxi may be our last option to complete your trip. No guarantee can be made that we will supply an identical vehicle.
- Our Insurance policies cover our passengers whilst inside our vehicle/s and en route only.
Vehicle Damage & Bad Behaviour
- If you or any person forming part of your party damages or soils our vehicle interior or exterior, including all fittings and fixtures, you will be liable for all costs incurred to rectify the damage caused. If you or any person forming part of your party causes damage or behaves in a manner deemed unsafe or you or any person forming part of your party is considered intoxicated, before, after or whilst en route, we reserve the right to abort travel, evict you from the vehicle and terminate your reservation.
- No refund will apply in these circumstances. A police report will be submitted if necessary.
- Seatbelts are fitted to all our vehicles and must be used by all passengers whilst the vehicle is in motion. Child restraints/booster seats must be used according to RTA and/or applicable State or Territory authority guidelines. Use of the safety devices correctly will be the sole responsibility of the passengers or passenger’s guardian/parent and/or the person or entity confirming the booking or shown on our invoice.
Vehicle Restrictions & Road Rules
- There may be instances where vehicles are unable to be negotiated over speed humps, through turns, driveways, road closures etc., rendering some locations inaccessible. In this case, we will endeavour to collect/deliver passengers at the closest possible point we can.
Credit Cards/ Debit Cards
- Credit card/debit card details are required for all bookings and taken in advance of any trip being completed. Details are held as security against payment of any self-funded trip or invoiced self-funded trips.
- The cost of all trips are calculated and confirmed at the time of booking.
- Payments for trips will be taken electronically by Orcoda Connect at the completion of trips.
- Approved Orcoda Connect clients may choose to pay monthly, on invoice, and will receive invoices at the completion of each calendar month. Invoice terms are strictly 7 days and payable in full.
- Paying by a credit or charge card may incur a merchant fee of up to 3% of your total invoice. This fee will be added to your invoice and will be advised at the time of booking.
Smoking & Illegal Substances/Materials
- Government legislation strictly prohibits smoking and any illegal materials and substances in all licensed public vehicles.
- No food of any description is to be consumed inside our vehicles.
- Animals cannot be transported in Orcoda Connect vehicles under normal circumstances. Exceptions to this will be granted to ‘Service Animals’ who may be required to travel with their Orcoda Connect client. Other animals may be granted permission to travel in exceptional circumstances on request. All Animals that are transported must be legal restrained and travel in the rear seats.
- During peak times or on other occasions, we may use the services of other service providers. Although other service providers will remain under our supervision, they will be governed by their own operational guidelines and operate at all times under their own insurance policies.
Orcoda Connect Website Conditions
- www.orcoda.com/Connect is a website of Orcoda Limited. By using our websites and/or the individual client centre, you agree to these Terms. Your continued use of our websites and/or their facilities constitutes your acceptance of these Terms. We believe that all information contained within our websites is correct. However, we do not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information given. Orcoda Limited and its associated and/or related entities disclaim all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect loss or damage which may be suffered by any recipient relying on anything contained in or omitted from our websites or publications.
- All photos/images, artwork and logos displayed throughout this website are the exclusive property of Orcoda Limited and/or its associated companies. All photos are of our vehicles and may not be reproduced in any form without prior, express written permission. All graphic and text content is protected by Australian copyright law
- Any links to or advertisements on third party websites are not under our control. Please take note of their terms and conditions and privacy statement. We do not take responsibility for the content on third party sites or their policies. Permission is granted to link directly to our website on the condition that the link name contains the words “Orcoda” and that the link takes viewers directly to our website
- We may be obliged to surrender your personal data to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law. Personal information may be disclosed to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering with our rights or property.
Children Under 16
- We do not gather personal information from children. Website visitors 16 years of age and under are required to have adult permission before submitting any personal information to us and/or our website.
Last updated on 17 December 2019. Please check our website for any updates.